Some things....

Some things I just find easier than others.
Talking to crowds of people, crying at the end of High School Musical, trapping a football (sometimes), falling head over heels in love with the same woman each morning.

Some things are a bit harder.
Talking to new people, getting my hands on the Sky TV remote that I pay for, bending down to tie up my shoes without my head thumping.

Some things are just impossible.
Licking your own elbow, getting my kids to practise their instruments, staying in the room when any tunes from the world of musical theatre are playing, understanding the plot to any episode of NCIS & working out whether I've already seen it before the end credits.

Some things are just awkward.
Shopping in Sainsbury's. They want me to have a bag for life & I'm just not sure if I'm ready for that kind of commitment. That sort of pressure you can do without when you're heading down the chilled isle towards the checkout.

Some things are bitter sweet.
Heading off for the weekend to a monastery in the mountains above Rome to be with great people & to stir them to reach their city. At the same time, leaving behind the people that help me to get through each day without falling to pieces.
Bitter sweet is what makes life so exhilarating & excruciating all at the same time. As Del Boy would say, 'He who dares wins Rodney!'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't kiss me - cross cultural fumblings!

Myra Wattinger & the voice of God

The Seven Marks of a Healthy Church